compare and contrast two or more social structures in history..
SOCIAL STRUCTURE ESSAY PROJECT
A social structure is a group of people that interact together on a consistent basis. They help us to define who we are and how we function in a society. Such things as our economic status or gender play a role in determine where one falls on the social ladder.
TASK: In a well-constructed essay, you are to compare and contrast two or more social structures in history.
- Research various cultures, nations, countries etc. from history. You may also select social structures from the options below:
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient India
- Medieval Europe
- Japan Feudalism
- France in the 18th century
- You may also select to compare an ancient civilization to a modern one or an organization like a company/school etc. If you wish to do so you need to obtain permission from your teacher first.
- Collate your research into various subheadings or categories in order to see similarities and/or differences. You may use these in your essay. Examples:
- Religious communities
- Your essay needs to answer the following questions:
- Creation of the social structure: Why did it start? When did it start? End?
- Mechanics: How was it structured? What was the role of each individual? Was each role hereditary or could you work your way into it?
- Effective: Was it an effective system? Did it benefit some or was it unequal?
- Use visuals (pyramids, images) to enhance your written work.
- The rubric attached will be used to grade your essay.
- Font: Times New Roman or Arial
- Size: 12
- Spacing: 1.15 (Microsoft) or 1.2 (Mac)
- Citation: MLA Format