Clinical Applications of Developmental Psychology.
Clinical Applications of Developmental Psychology
AG Final Case
1. How might you characterize the psychosocial tasks and crises of this stage of AG’s life, individual identity versus identity confusion (chapter 10)?
2. Considering AG’s insight into his long-term career goals, what phase of career decision-making best describes him (pp. 405)?
3. Does his career decision-making self-efficacy match his demonstrated ability or aptitude for achieving this goal? How might there be a disparity between his perception of himself and his
demonstrated ability (what evidence do you have from his case) (pp. 407)?
4. What are the developmental tasks he is struggling with in relation to developing meaningful relationships with peers?
5. What are the developmental tasks he is struggling with in relation to developing meaningful romantic relationships?
6. Similarly, what stage of moral reasoning would best describe AG’s presentation, given the evidence you have (pp. 397)?
7. If AG continued on along this developmental trajectory what are at least three (3) developmental difficulties he might have in each of the following developmental stages
1. Early Adulthood (24-34)
2. Middle Adulthood (34-60)
3. Later Adulthood (60-75)
4. Elderhood (75+)
Newman, B.M. & Newman, P.R. (2015). Development Through Life: A Psychosocial Approach, 12th Ed. Cengage Learning,