Analyze the historical, ethical, and political contexts of health care policy and the consequences of policy implementation..
PREPARING THE PAPER
target communication strategies that support an effective policymaking visit. Include a minimum of five (6) classic references or current references (published within the past 5 years) that support your policy plan, the message, recommendations, and follow-up.
Planning Your Visit (Part A)
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to: (a) identify communication strategies that support an effective policy making-presentation/visit (CO #2); (b) deliver a message and make recommendations (CO #2, 3), and (c) communicate ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner. (CO #3)
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
(CO #2) Employ strategies to affect the development, implementation, and consequences of policies at the institutional, local, national, and international levels. (PO 4, 8, 10)
(CO #3) Communicate with policymakers to advocate for effective policies that affect nurses and nursing, consumers, or the health care system. (PO 2, 3, 10)
(CO #4) Analyze the historical, ethical, and political contexts of health care policy and the consequences of policy implementation. (PO 6, 10)
(CO #5) Advocate for institutional, local, national, and international policies that influence health care and its consumers and nurses and their nursing practice. (PO 2, 10)
DUE DATE: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5
TOTAL POINTS: 100 points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation
1. Introduce your chosen policy issue, the current status, and an overview of your plan for a legislative visit.
2. Articulate key communication strategies involved in your approach to the legislator including plan, message, and recommendations under each of the Planning Your Visit Ungraded Worksheet 2 sections using headings in your paper. Prescription of Medications by APNs
3. Provide an analysis of empirical evidence of effective communication strategies in policymaking including plan, message, and follow-up.
4. Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of a successful visit/presentation to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. Paper will be 5 pages, excluding title and reference pages, and in APA format 6th edition.
7. Five non-text book references are required as minimum.