A researcher wants to study the degree to which high school grades forecast college grades. In this study high school grades are the _____ variable and college grades are the _____ variable..
Midterm – Organizational/Industrial Psychology
2.The movie “Cheaper by the Dozen,” made in 1950 and re-made in 2003, was based on the life of?
5. In the conduct of scientific research, a “theory” might best be regarded as:
A)the outcome of the research investigation
B)the only reason to conduct the research
C) a means to an end
D)something to be proven right or wrong
7.A researcher wants to study the degree to which high school grades forecast college grades. In this study high school grades are the _____ variable and college grades are the _____ variable.
A) independent, dependent
B) predictor, criterion
C) dependent, independent
D) criterion, predictor
10. Meta-analysis was developed in what decade?
12.Which of the following is not proposed as a reason why many people are unaware of “industrial/organizational psychology?”
A) psychology is organized around processes, not major life events
B) its low level of coverage in introductory psychology textbooks
C) there is confusion as to how I/O psychology differs from other disciplines
D) there is little need for psychology applied to work
13. Compared to novices, the mental models of experts are _____.
A)slower, but more accurate
D)associated with mental models used to solve other problems
16.It took ____ years for the world population to grow from 2 billion to 3 billion, and it took ____ years for the world population to grow from 6 to 7 billion.
A) 35, 11
B) 22, 12
C) 40, 10
D) 14, 14
18.Which of the following is not recommended for the content of performance appraisals?
A)appraisals based on job related factors
B)appraisals based on global assessments
C)appraisals based on performance under the control of the employee
D)appraisals based on behaviors
22.Computerized adaptive testing (CAT) is used to assess what construct?
23. Lowering the criterion cutoff will have what effect?
A)increases number of successful employees
B)decreases number of successful employees
C)increases number of people passing the test
D)decreases number of people passing the test
25. The result of the “file drawer effect” is to arrive at conclusions that are characterized by:
26. Research subjects are allowed at any time to withdraw from participation from any research study, as expressed by which right from the APA Code of Ethics?
B)protection from deception
30. Which of the following is not a dimension of the theory of person perception?